Dear Maple Families,
It was lovely to see so many of you last night! If you were unable to make it, please see the attached PDF, it is the bulk of the information that was given out.
Here are the updates:
1. Sharing will start next week! The schedule is attached to this email if you need to reference it. I have showed the students the outline for the report if they are bringing in a 'toy'. I like students to take ownership and personal responsibility for their sharing days (and reports if necessary), so it is hopefully not something you will need to manage heavily at home. Let me know if you have any questions.
2. If you signed up for volunteering, that will start next week as well!
3. Technology contracts: If you were not here last night, a Google Apps technology contract and informational packet is in your students Friday Folder this week. Please only return the signature sheet (with the YES or NO line checked), and keep the packet for your records. If you have any concerns regarding the use of GoogleApps, please let me know - we will not be using it right away so there is time to mull it over.
4. Talent Show try-outs are next Thursday (9/13) at 1:15pm in the Bay Room!
5. Please bring in some items for our Garden Raffle Basket! The Community Dinner will be here before we know it (9/21). Items we could use are: tools, gloves, gardening books, etc.
6. Garden started this week with the great tomato harvest! Half of our class went and that same half will go to cooking this upcoming Monday. The other group will go to their first garden time Wednesday next week (the 12th) and then cooking the following Monday (the 17th). It takes awhile to get used to the schedule but the students pick it up quickly!
7. We have finished the Big Friendly Giant! The kids got absolutely hooked on it, I am excited to start another book with these story loving students.
8. Book Orders are due next Friday! Order online, or I have more paper copies! https://clubs2.scholastic.com/.
-Follow the instructions on the right for “First time here? Parents.”
-Enter our class code QCVFJ.
Have a wonderful weekend!