Dear Maple Families,
1. In the Friday Folders this week are TWO home connections! Woohoo! One is a math partner game; hopefully one that will add some healthy competition to your weekend JThe other is a science experiment turning solids into liquids.
2. A new book orderis going home today! I am also emailing you a couple coupons that can be used when you order online. Please return the paper order form, or order online by November 9th.
3. The Great Pumpkin Seed Harvest! Next week we will begin to put all these classroom pumpkins to use. We could use volunteers to help the students carve, harvest, clean, count, and season their seeds. If you have any availability T, Th, and F from about 11am-11:50am next week, send me an email.
5. Our annual canned food drive is this month! It starts MONDAY and runs until November 2nd. Please bring in non-perishable food items, and please, no glass.
6. We have delved into the concept of place value in math this week, beginning our unit with counting some ‘magic beans’ from Jack and the Beanstalk. We made it into the 1000’s with a total of 1,652 beans – it took some time and a solid group effort to get them all counted and organized into groups of 100’s, 10’s and 1’s.
7.Ask your student how our science experiment turned out this week. We experimented with leaving certain solids in water for a week to see what changes take place. Ask them how their solid changed! We are now going to see what changes (if any) are reversible. See what they think!
See you next week!