Dear Maple Families,
First two days of 2nd grade are DONE! I am so excited about this group of students and what we will be able to accomplish together this year. We spent these past couple days getting to know one another, learning class 'systems' and, of course, playing.
I have decided to go paperless (to the best of my ability) this year - meaning weekly newsletters, class room information, etc. will be communicated via email and our class website (www.mapleroom.weebly.com) as much as possible. If this does not work for you, please let me know and I will send home a paper copy of our newsletter each week with your student.
A few important notes:
1. The paperwork that went home this afternoon is due AUGUST 31ST.
2. AFTERCARE is at the Big Toy for second graders; that is where you will find them and check them out if your student attends.
3. Many of our enrichment classes start next week, with the exception of garden. See the website (under 'calendar') for specific days and times.
4. The whiteboard outside of the classroom is a primary mode of communication for our class! Please make sure to take a glance when picking up and dropping off – it typically has the most pressing information posted.
5. Please send your student with a “school” water bottle next week. This is really helpful with ensuring they’re staying hydrated, and means fewer trips to the water fountain. If desired, it can stay on their desk during the week and go home on Fridays to be washed!
6. Back to School Night is September 6that 6:30pm. Mark your calendars! Classroom volunteering will start September 10th.
Please email me (email@example.com) with any pressing needs and/or concerns. My door is also always open. I look forward to spending this year with your student!
Enjoy your weekend!