Dear Maple Families,
Another week down! I have continued to be so impressed with this group of students and how they are tackling 2ndgrade with enthusiasm. Here are the updates:
Check out a new Maple blog post about class happenings on the website! www.mapleroom.weebly.com
See you Tuesday!
First full week! I think we are all a little tired :) See the website for a couple new blog posts about class happenings!
Here are the updates:
1. We had our first visit to the library; Tuesday is our library day, books go home (and are thus due back) every Tuesday. Mrs. Prouty (our librarian), lets second graders check out TWO books once they have proven they are responsible with returning them.
2. Speaking of books, the first book order is going home today! This is a great way to get back into the swing of reading with your student at home every night :) If you wish to order some books, the order form will be due Friday, September 14th.
3. Volunteer for Coastal Cleanup Day on Saturday, September 15th from 9am-12pm! Families are invited to join Ms. Allie (K) and Susan (5th grade) to help clean up North Salmon Creek Beach. TK-8th grade families are welcome and participants will help inventory the trash and recycling they find. Participants are encouraged to bring their own bucket(s), a reusable water bottle, and gardening gloves to help cut down on the amount of trash generated during the beach cleanup. 5-8th grade students can receive credit toward their community service requirement as well. RSVP at https://coastwalk.org/beach-locations/ and select North Salmon Creek Beach as the cleanup site.
4. Talent Show! Try-outs will be held in the Bay Room on Thursday (early dismissal), September 13th at 1:15pm.
5. Community Dinner - mark your calendars! This is a wonderful event and will be held on Friday, September 21st 5:30pm-7:30pm. The theme for our raffle basket it Garden - any donations are appreciated!
6. We have begun Lexia in the classroom, if your student wishes to do it at home (it can be done on an iPad or desktop) they can do so! Email me if you need the login information.
7. Big Buddies start on Monday! Every Monday morning we will read with our Big Buddies in 7th grade - either in the library, our classroom or the 7th grade classroom.
Have a great weekend!
Dear Maple Families,
First two days of 2nd grade are DONE! I am so excited about this group of students and what we will be able to accomplish together this year. We spent these past couple days getting to know one another, learning class 'systems' and, of course, playing.
I have decided to go paperless (to the best of my ability) this year - meaning weekly newsletters, class room information, etc. will be communicated via email and our class website (www.mapleroom.weebly.com) as much as possible. If this does not work for you, please let me know and I will send home a paper copy of our newsletter each week with your student.
A few important notes:
1. The paperwork that went home this afternoon is due AUGUST 31ST.
2. AFTERCARE is at the Big Toy for second graders; that is where you will find them and check them out if your student attends.
3. Many of our enrichment classes start next week, with the exception of garden. See the website (under 'calendar') for specific days and times.
4. The whiteboard outside of the classroom is a primary mode of communication for our class! Please make sure to take a glance when picking up and dropping off – it typically has the most pressing information posted.
5. Please send your student with a “school” water bottle next week. This is really helpful with ensuring they’re staying hydrated, and means fewer trips to the water fountain. If desired, it can stay on their desk during the week and go home on Fridays to be washed!
6. Back to School Night is September 6that 6:30pm. Mark your calendars! Classroom volunteering will start September 10th.
Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any pressing needs and/or concerns. My door is also always open. I look forward to spending this year with your student!
Enjoy your weekend!