Dear Maple Families,
1. Parent Teacher Conferences: Parent teacher conference week will be October 9th-13th. Every day that week is an EARLY DISMISSAL, 12:05pm. The sign up sheet is in the classroom; please select a time that works best for you.
2. We are working on the third component of our Daily 5, Read to Someone. Ask your student how it went today! This is a great way for students to increase their expressiveness, comprehension, accuracy and fluency. They sit with a partner and can either take turns reading to each other, or choral read a book together. Additionally, it enables students to work on their collaboration and cooperation skills (how to choose a book, who reads first, etc.).
3. We have finished reading Flat Stanley, His Original Adventure - ask your student how the book ended! This book is one of many in the series; feel free to find other ones to read at home.
4. Home Connections: A math game is going home for first graders to play, and a liquid science activity is going home for second graders. No need to return to school unless your student would like to share.
5. October Enrichment classes! ARK has done an amazing job of putting together some fun enrichment classes this fall! The flyer went home last week; registration began Monday (9/18). For more information, or to register, email email@example.com. Sign up as soon as possible to ensure a spot!
6. We had our first Maker Challenge this week; the students were tasked with creating their own type of sneaker, or anything that serves a function! Ask them what they made, and what its purpose is ☺
7. Halloween Carnival raffle tickets: This year your student is able to sell raffle tickets on their own to family and friends outside of school (raffle ticket holders do not need to be present to win)! The student who sells the most tickets will receive a free family carnival pass – includes all games and food for the day! Please see attached flyer and envelope for more information.
8. Lifeskill of the month is cooperation!
9. Welcome Back Community Dinner is TONIGHT from 5:00pm to 7pm.
9/28 K-4 Talent Show 10:30am, come watch and support our talented students!
10/7 Halloween Carnival
10/9-10/13 Parent Teacher Conferences 12:05pm dismissal all week
Have a great weekend!
Welcome to the Maple Room! Please use this site as a way to keep in touch with our classroom community. It will have our weekly updates/newsletters, as well as a blog with pictorial proof of all the fun we are having.